Mother Nature cooperated on Monday, Sept. 15, by allowing the continual threat of bad weather to bypass the 22nd Annual Moose Charities’ Golf Outing held at Hughes Creek Golf Club in Elburn. The 118 golfers enjoyed themselves during the day and afterward, while attending the banquet at the Paul J. O’Hollaren Center for Tomorrow on the Mooseheart Campus.
In addition to the three-team low net plaque awards, and a team Skins contest, there were a number of individual hole events in which all golfers participated, including a Par 3 shot for $25,000, sponsored by U.S. Bank.
Other major event sponsors were BFC, Fifth Third Bank, Nicholas & Associates, Inc., and R&M Specialties, Ltd. Moose Charities would like to thank more than 100 event sponsors and raffle prize donors for making this successful event possible. It is through their efforts, and those of the 118 attendees, that Moose Charities was able to provide Mooseheart over $40,000 in net proceeds to its operating fund.
The team and individual contest winners were as follows:
- 1st Low Net Team – Lindback Distributing
- 2nd Low Net Team – LEMCO, LLC
- 3rd Low Net Team – Timberland Financial
- Ladies Long Drive – Beth Griswold, NY Moose
- Men’s Long Drive – Gary Urwiler, Mooseheart
- Longest Putt – Jeff Szymczak, Mooseheart
- Closest to the Pin – Rick Jones, Michigan
- Closest to the Pin in Two – Jim O’Brien, Illinois
- Putting Contest – Mike Worden, Illinois & Jack Pierce, Oklahoma Moose